Friday, April 1, 2016

the deadline is near!

Soooooo the deadline for this project is coming a lot quicker than expected. It also doesn't help having a group member missing for a whole week after Spring Break. Nevertheless our group is still confident that we will finish this project on time and it will come out just as we expect it will :)
    Since I will be the main actor in this film I have been doing some research on PTSD and how people with it act. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can develop after experiencing a traumatic event, or learning that a traumatic event has happened to a loved one. People with PTSD may experience other problems as well, including depression, other anxiety problems, or acting-out behaviors. To play this character I will need to act very distant and "in my own head" most of the time to be portrayed as someone with PTSD. Some common situations  of people with PTSD are: 
·       Avoiding contact with, or reminders of, the traumatic event
·       Declining grades or academic failure
·       Engaging in high risk or dangerous behaviors
·       Trouble making friends, dating, and development of meaningful relationships
·       Restricting life plans or reduced ambition
·       Social withdrawal


     I do not have much acting experience so it may be hard to play such a difficult role but I am usually a fast learner so it most likely wont be a problem. (:
p.s I don't know why it won't let me fix this^ :(

No comments:

Post a Comment